We are seeking a Sr. Applications Developer to join our team! You will be responsible for developing complex solutions to support and enhance a federal contract flood insurance solution software. This includes design, code, code reviews, and unit testing. You are required to have solid knowledge of Industry standards and patterns in a Microsoft development environment. The right candidate must have expertise in testing the product for functionality and errors while ensuring that user needs, performance requirements, and security standards are met. For this position, you are expected to have senior-level skills in full-stack development and have an excellent understanding of Agile methodologies. A Senior Applications Developer makes an impact as a seasoned, professional individual contributor, ready to manage projects, work independently, as well as work well with a team.
Senior Applications Developer to assist with key development initiatives that have a direct impact on ensuring our systems are compliant per federal contracting security regulations.
· First 30 days: Focus will be on training, goals and understanding requirements.
· 60 day mark: Tackling work assignments regularly.
· 90 day mark: Fully integrated into the team and the process
o The Product Development team consists of application developers and quality assurance analysts very experienced in software
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent is desired
· 5-8 years related experience
· Solid implementation experience of object-oriented concepts including OOP design patterns
· Exceptional system analysis and debugging skills
· Strong commitment to building in quality during coding phase by testing using all types of Software Testing Methodologies
· Concrete understanding of developing and maintaining unit tests
· Familiar with Agile software development methodologies
· Strong understanding of various levels of n-tier architecture using object-oriented concepts
· Microsoft Technologies: C#, ASP.NET, ASP.NET Core, MVC/MVVM, TFS, Visual Studio
· Database Technologies: SQL, MS SQL Server, Relational Databases
· Others: Web Services, SOAP, SAML, Postman, nUnit, etc.
· Familiar with Razor Pages in ASP.NET Core
· Familiar with Vue framework
· Insurance domain knowledge preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communications and customer service skills
- Up to 10% travel required
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays if necessary
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to handle a large, complex workload
- Ability to effectively coordinate multiple resources and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge and skill in applying analytical and evaluation methods and techniques
- Ability to handle controversial situations with tact and diplomacy
- Excellent PC skills
- Highly proficient in MS Office Suite
- Ability to demonstrate respect and sensitivity for cultural differences
- Ability to educate others about the value of diversity
- Ability to promote a harassment-free environment
- Ability to build a diverse workforce
- Ability to treat people with respect, keeps commitments, inspires the trust of others, work with integrity and ethics, and uphold organizational values
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time, talk and hear.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.